The Make Cafe is looking for a talented part-time chef for their kitchen. The ideal candidate will have a passion for cooking and will take responsibility for managing the savoury food selection, including stock management, food preparation and serving. We are looking for someone that can bring creativity into our kitchen, that works well under pressure during busy periods and will have the ability to work with the rest of the team to ensure consistency in food presentation, hygiene, and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Managing the menu and stock
- Maintaining a cabinet menu which offers variety, has been fully costed and is familiar to the rest of the team.
- Defining stock requirements and frequency of cost effective stock ordering
- Regular communicating with staff member responsible for ordering to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Ensuring storage hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Providing frequent training to the team to ensure consistency in food preparation, presentation and shelf-life
- Stocking the display cabinet, and stock-piling backup food for busy periods/ times when you are not in the kitchen
- Plating up orders during your shift and serving customers
The successful applicant will also be a team person who is always keen to support the rest of the team with other jobs in the kitchen, such as taking orders, washing dishes and cleaning tables.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible but otherwise applications will close on 4th October 2013
Please send your CV to email@example.com